Samsung notification bubbles
Chat heads have been supported on Samsung’s Galaxy phones for a long time. All of this is possible thanks to the Smart pop-up view function. Samsung Galaxy phones now have the Android 11 Bubble function, thanks to One UI 3. There are currently two types of notification bubbles on Samsung phones, but they can utilize only one at a time. Even one of them can be irritating at times. But don’t be concerned. Find out how to get rid of Samsung notification bubbles if they’re bugging you. In this article, you’ll learn how to turn off floating and pop-up bubbles on Samsung phones for individual and all contacts.
Disable Samsung’s Floating Bubble Notifications.
Remove Notification Bubbles on Samsung for a Limited Time.
The first method allows you to dismiss the notification bubble without opening it. Touch and hold the bow to do so. Drag it to the bottom of the screen, where a cross (X) or trash can icon will appear. When the Bubble approaches the X icon, lift your finger. It should temporarily hide the notification bubble from your screen. The chat bubble will reappear after getting a new message from the same app.
To prevent bubbles from reappearing, follow the steps below to disable bubble notifications on Samsung permanently.
How to Disable Samsung’s Bubbles and Smart Pop-View
There are two types of bubbles on Samsung phones: Android 11’s notification bubble and Samsung’s Smart pop-up view. Both of them can be turned off in the same place. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to Notifications in your Samsung Galaxy phone’s Settings.
2. Select Advanced settings from the drop-down menu, then Floating notifications. You may also get to this screen by going to Settings and looking for Floating Notifications.
3. You’ll see three options on the following screen: Off, Bubbles, and Smart pop-up view. Select Off if you don’t want to see any floating bubble notifications. Follow the instructions in the following sections if you wish to use bubbles or Smart pop-up view for a select few apps.
When you tap Off, if a Bubble or Smart pop-up view symbol is already on your screen, manually remove it. To put it another way, drag the icon to the bottom. That will turn off the floating notifications, which will hide the icon.
How to Disable Smart Pop-up View in Certain Apps
The solution described above will entirely disable floating notification bubbles on your Samsung phone. You can, however, allow some programs to appear in Smart pop-up if you like.
Go to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Floating notifications > Smart pop-up view to do so. The Included apps option will be enabled as a result. That should tap it. Then, next to the apps that should use the Smart pop-up view function, turn on the toggle. Similarly, if the toggle for the rest of the apps is enabled, switch it off.
How to Disable Bubbles in Selected Apps
You can block some apps from showing floating Bubble notifications in the same way you can disable Smart pop-up view. The difference between Smart pop-up view and Bubbles is that when you tap on the floating symbol, the former opens the whole app. On the other hand, Bubbles only show talks that are taking place with other people.
Follow these procedures to keep Bubbles enabled for some apps:
1. Go to Settings and allow floating bubble notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Floating notifications to accomplish this. Tap the bubbles to make them pop.
2. Select Apps from the Settings menu.
3. Select the app for which you want Bubbles enabled or disabled. Consider the Samsung Messages app. Then select Notifications from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Show as bubbles from the drop-down menu. If you don’t see this option, double-check that you completed step 1 correctly. That will present three alternatives to you: All, Selected Only, and None. All alerts from the specified app will be displayed as bubbles if you select All. Choose Selected if you only want notifications from chosen contacts in the same app to appear as a bubble.
5. After selecting Selected only, return to the discussion and press on the Bubble you wish to activate or disable. Toggle the toggle next to Bubble this chat on or off.
How to Disable Samsung’s Pop-up Notification Bubble
The solutions listed above will assist you in turning off floating notification bubbles. If you want to turn off the notification pop-ups that display at the top of the screen, you’ll need to follow the procedures outlined below.
1. Go to Apps in the Settings menu.
2. Select the app for which you want pop-up alerts disabled. Let’s take the example of WhatsApp.
3. Select Notifications from the WhatsApp settings menu. There are various notification categories to choose from. Select the one that appears to be the most appropriate for your desired task.
4. Remove the checkmark next to Show as a pop-up.
Disabling pop-up notifications for WhatsApp is as simple as following the steps above. Rep the procedure for the remaining apps.
To sum it up: Samsung Notification Bubbles can be controlled.
How can I turn on the notification bubbles?
1. Launch the Settings application.
2. Select Notifications from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Advanced settings from the Notifications menu.
4. Select Floating Notifications from the drop-down menu.
5. Tap on the bubbles
6. You’ll see a new symbol on the right side of the notification the next time you get a notification from a suitable messaging app (in my instance, Telegram, but lots of other services function just fine). To start your chat as a Bubble, tap it.
7. Once your chat has been Bubbled, you can move it to any side of the screen, then tap the Bubble to open it in a floating window.
8. To dismiss a Bubble after you’ve finished using it, drag it to the bottom of the screen.
Bubbles are especially useful for coordinating conversations across multiple platforms without switching apps. You can reduce all of your discussions into Bubbles and manage them much more efficiently, even if one of your pals is messaging you on Whatsapp while two others are messaging you on Telegram.
Samsung phones allow you to customize notifications. You can modify the tone of individual contact messages, establish different volume levels for notifications and ringtones, and more. One is to enable or disable notification bubbles. Here are a few ways to disable Samsung notification bubbles.
One Thought on “How to Disable/enable Samsung Galaxy Phones’ Notification Bubbles”
Comments are closed.