how to slow mo a video iphone-There’s a good chance you’ve seen the slow-motion video on social media. At one time, you needed skills, sound recorders, and software to make this kind of video. You don’t need any third-party software or apps to do it with an iPhone these days.
The action slows down, and everything moves much more slowly than it would in real life for the effect of slow-motion to be seen. Does anyone know how to slow down regular videos on an iPhone without using expensive, specialized software? Here’s your answer: use a free online tool to make videos.
Using an iPhone to record videos is always fun. There are many great things about the iPhone. For example, on the iPhone 5s and later, you can record videos in normal mode, time-lapse mode, and slow-motion mode.
The slow-mo mode on the iPhone is great for taking videos of action like explosions and water moving. Check out how to use the iPhone’s slow-motion video feature to slow down a video. Here are some tips:
how to make video slow motion iphone?
Slow-motion video, which was once only available on expensive cameras, is now available on the iPhone 5s and later models. Users will like how easy it is to use, how cheap it is, and how fun it is. Here are the steps to help you through the process:
- Click on the Camera app’s icon to open it.
- A few letters and words are below the screen, like “Photo,” “Square,” etc.
- If you swipe to the right, you’ll see Slow-mo.
- Press the red record button to start making a slow-motion video.
- Tap the record button again on your iPhone to stop the slow-motion video recording
- After you stop recording, slow-motion clips are saved in the Photos app. Depending on the part of the video, you can now set it to play at average speed or in slow motion.
- Go to the Albums section of the Photos app’s Slow-Mo section to find all slow-motion videos. To watch a video in slow motion, tap on it.
- At the bottom, you’ll see a screen for editing videos. To start editing, tap Edit.
- In the middle of the clip, there are two black lines. They show where in the clip that will slow the speed down. With the right-click menu, you can make the slow-motion shorter or longer.
- To hear the edited playback, tap the blue button in the bottom right corner of the screen
How to crop, trim, and straighten slow-motion video?
You can use the Photo app on your iPhone to fix your slow-motion videos. With these tools, it’s easy to crop, straighten, and trim iPhone videos. Follow the steps below.
- Tap Edit on the slow-motion video you want to change before doing anything else.
- To trim the video, move the arrows at the ends of the timeline slider toward the middle. You can cut the beginning and end of your video to make it shorter.
- You can crop your video if it’s not straight. You can use the straightening feature by tapping on the circle with the line. Then, move the slider to change the position of the video.
- You can crop your video by tapping on the crop icon and dragging the edges to the correct size.
- Click Done.
How slow can an iPhone video go in slow motion?
When the iPhone is set to normal viewing mode, it shows 60 frames per second (FPS). To shoot in slow motion, you need to shoot at a higher frame rate and get more footage. When the high-frame-rate video is slowed down, it looks like it is moving slowly.
All iPhone models will be able to record videos at 120 frames per second with Slo-mo, which is half the speed of a standard video. Phones with the A11 Bionic chip, like the iPhone 8, can record slow-motion videos at 240 frames per second. When the videos are played back, they will move at a quarter of the average speed.
How do you change a Slow-mo video’s contrast, exposure, and color?
You can also use sliders or ready-made filters in Photos to change the exposure, contrast, and color of slow-motion videos on your iPhone. Here’s what you need, to get to these tools:
how to slow mo a video iphone
- In Photos, you can edit a video by tapping on it and then on Edit.
- To change the page, tap the edit icon, which looks like a circle with many dots around it.
- If you click on the icons above the slider, you can change how your video looks.
- An exposure icon is a circle with either a plus or minus sign inside it. You can change the exposure by touching and moving the slider.
- Tap the contrast icon, which looks like a black-and-white circle with a line, to get to the contrast slider. By moving the slider, you can change the contrast.
- To change the color saturation, tap the icon that looks like a colorful circle and move the slider.
- Choose a filter from the options and scroll through them to apply them to your video by tapping the filter icon with three connected circles.
- Click Done.
What You Need to Know About Slow-Motion Videos on an iPhone
Take a picture.
You can take still pictures as well as slow-motion videos on your iPhone. When you press a white button in the bottom left corner of the screen, a high-resolution picture is saved along with the video.
There are slow-motion shooting modes.
Which iPhone modes can record in slow motion?
Only the iPhone 5s can take 720p photos at 120 frames per second. All models of the iPhone 6 can record 720p at 240 frames per second, as can the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. On the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, you can even record 1080p HD at 240 frames per second.
The slow-motion video takes up space.
However, iPhone 5s and later iOS devices can record slow-motion video at 120 frames per second (fps). Therefore, video recorded at a higher frame rate than 120 frames per second will take less space.
A slow-motion video recording at 1080p resolution at 120 frames per second needs about 375 MB of storage for every minute. A slow-motion video recorded at 720p resolution at 240 frames per minute needs about 300 MB of storage.
That can slow down regular videos by speeding them up.
The frame rate needs to be slowed down to record a slow-motion video. A slow-motion video can be played backward, but not the other way around. If you try to watch a slow-motion video at average speed, you’ll notice frames jumping around. Instead of a continuous video, it looks like a group of still images.
Some of the questions that users ask most often
- Can a video on an iPhone be slowed down?
Select the speed tool, which looks like the speedometer, by tapping the video clip in the timeline and waiting for the video editing tools to show up. You can speed up/slow down your video by moving the yellow slider at the bottom.
- Can an iPhone’s timelapse be slowed down?
By default, the speed is set to 6x. A time-lapse video will be made at the end of every 6 seconds of recording. Slide the slider to change how fast it goes. Drag a slider to the left to slow down the time-lapse speed or to the right to speed it up.
- Can I slow down a video in iMovie?
Choose a clip with a high frame rate in the iMovie timeline on your Mac. When you click the Speed button, the speed controls will show up—Select Show from the menu that pops up. The frame rate of the selected clip is changed to match the frame rate of the rest of the movie.
- How do you slow down a video online?
How to Make Videos in Slow Motion:
- This is where you can put your video. Choose the video whose speed you want to slow down.
- The video needs to go slower. To change how fast the video plays, click on it on the timeline and choose “Speed” from the “Settings” menu.
- that can save your video.
Asking and answering
How do I slow down an iPhone video that I’ve already recorded?
It can be done in a few different ways. One way is to slow down the video with an app for editing videos. Using a website or app that will do it for you is another option.
How do you make iMovie slow down the video?
You can use a slider to change the speed of a video in iMovie. For example, it will let you down the video by 50 percent. You can also change the video’s frame rate to move faster or slower.
How do you make a video move more slowly?
There are a few different ways to slow down a video. First, a video editing program can slow down the footage. Using a website that will do it for you is another option.
Can you slow down a video on your iPhone?
You can speed up or slow down a video on your iPhone. To do this, open the video in the Photos app and then tap the Share button. Next, tap the Slow-Mo button and then choose the speed you want(how to slow mo a video iphone).
Can you slow down an ordinary video?
You can use software to turn a regular video into a slow-motion one. For example, most video editing software has a slow-motion effect that you can use to make your video look like it’s moving in slow motion.
Can you record a time-lapse and then slow it down?
Yes, you can slow down a time-lapse video after already shooting it. Likewise, they can use software to edit videos after the video has been made.
How do you slow down or speed up a movie in iMovie?
Go to the Menu bar and click on File to change the speed in iMovie. Then, click on Project Properties. Under the Speed tab, you can change how fast your video plays.
How do you change iPhone videos?
You can use the Photos app or a third-party app like iMovie to edit videos on an iPhone. You can trim videos, add filters and effects, and make slideshows with the Photos app. With iMovie, you can add titles, transitions, and more advanced effects to your videos(how to slow mo a video iphone).
How to change the speed at which my iPhone plays music?
Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap “General” to change the playback speed. Next, scroll down and tap “Accessibility.” Then scroll down and tap “Audio.” Finally, you can choose a speed between 0.5x and 2.0x under “Playback Speed.”
How do you slow down your video?
Download ApowerEdit and put it on your computer to learn how to make slow-motion videos. Open the tool and drag and drop the video into it. Select “Add to project” when you right-click. Click “Edit” after choosing the File. Then, move the speed control to the speed you want.
How do you make a video on Instagram that moves slowly?
Instagram doesn’t have a built-in way to make a video that moves slowly. But there are a few ways around it. One way is to use an app like Hyperlapse to make a time-lapse video that you can post to Instagram. Another way is to use the third-party app like LumaFusion to make a slow-motion video and post it on Instagram(how to slow mo a video iphone).
Is there a video editor on the iPhone?
Yes, you can edit videos on an iPhone. It’s not as powerful as some professional video editing software, but it can handle most basic editing tasks.
Last things to say
You should now know how to slow down an iPhone video. I’d appreciate it if you would share this article with your friends and family. Also, if you have any problems with it, please let me know in the comments section below.
read mode:How To Delete Instagram Account forever?
One Thought on “how to slow mo a video iphone?”
Comments are closed.